A Concierge Curated Program Just for You
Incorporating EMDR Therapy & Therapeutic Body Movements to facilitate deep healing and transformation
Equivalent to 2 to 6 months of weekly therapy depending on half-day to multiple day options
As an EMDRIA Certified EMDR Clinician advanced trained in complex and developmental trauma, I believe in clinical excellence. By providing relationally focused EMDR along with advanced psychotherapy methods (e.g. complex developmental trauma, polyvagal theory, attachment theory, ego states, and somatic experiencing), we will discover the origins of your limiting beliefs in order to update old narratives about how you get to show up in the world, who you are, and what you deserve
BENEFITS OF EMDR INTENSIVES
• Cost-Effective – Intensives are highly focused and often require less time and overall cost. Months of weekly therapy are packed into hours and days.
• There is no need to talk extensively about disturbing experiences – EMDR allows healing without talking in detail about traumatic experiences.
• Feel better faster – Intensives are highly concentrated and focused so that you can make faster progress and lasting change NOW!
• No weekly appointments needed – You don’t need to schedule your life around weekly therapy.
• You don’t have to live locally – Clients can travel from anywhere and stay locally for a few days to complete treatment.
• Therapeutic Body movement – My Intensives are unique in that I have added therapeutic healing through yoga, stretching, and bodywork to aid in releasing traumatic stress in the body. Incorporating body movements with Nancy Corcoran with over 50 years of yoga experience when clinically appropriate. To learn more about Body Movement with Nancy, click here.
SITUATIONS IN WHICH YOU MIGHT CHOOSE AN EMDR INTENSIVE INCLUDE:
• Recent disturbing events have disrupted your life, and you want to feel better and get back to your previous functioning quickly.
• You may have witnessed or experienced a disturbing or traumatic event in your life and have symptoms that bother you (ie. car accident, work-related events in first responders, sexual assault, crime, traumatic medical procedure, severe injury, violence, childhood bullying, military combat, emotional abuse).
• You want to improve your performance on the job or in the field and don’t want to attend weekly therapy for months or years on end.
RESEARCH ON INTENSIVE EMDR THERAPY IS POSITIVE:
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Intensive EMDR treatment is feasible and is indicative of reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- The economy is compelling: even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time, because of time not spent on a) checking in at the beginning of each session, b) addressing current crises and concerns, c) focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing or d) assisting the client in regaining composure at the end of the session. Learn more here.