BENEFITS OF EMDR INTENSIVES
• Cost-Effective – Intensives are highly focused and often require less time and overall cost. Months of weekly therapy are packed into hours and days.
• There is no need to talk extensively about disturbing experiences – EMDR allows healing without talking in detail about traumatic experiences.
• Feel better faster – Intensives are highly concentrated and focused so that you can make faster progress and lasting change NOW!
• No weekly appointments needed – You don’t need to schedule your life around weekly therapy.
• You don’t have to live locally – Clients can travel from anywhere and stay locally for a few days to complete treatment.
• Therapeutic Body movement – My Intensives are unique in that I have added therapeutic healing through yoga, stretching, and bodywork to aid in releasing traumatic stress in the body. Incorporating body movements with Nancy Corcoran with over 50 years of yoga experience when clinically appropriate. To learn more about Body Movement with Nancy, click here.
SITUATIONS IN WHICH YOU MIGHT CHOOSE AN EMDR INTENSIVE INCLUDE:
• Recent disturbing events have disrupted your life, and you want to feel better and get back to your previous functioning quickly.
• You may have witnessed or experienced a disturbing or traumatic event in your life and have symptoms that bother you (ie. car accident, work-related events in first responders, sexual assault, crime, traumatic medical procedure, severe injury, violence, childhood bullying, military combat, emotional abuse).
• You want to improve your performance on the job or in the field and don’t want to attend weekly therapy for months or years on end.